“Nothing you wear is more important than your smile.” – Connie Stevens
Many of us want to have a healthy and radiant smile. In a society that places importance on physical appearance, a confident smile is crucial when meeting a potential employer or new friends. While teeth whitening products are available in grocery stores and pharmacies, cosmetic dentistry can be an effective way to improve your smile. Whether you want to whiten teeth or replace a missing tooth, cosmetic dentistry has solutions.
1. Teeth Whitening – Over time, tooth enamel weakens. Certain factors, such as aging and smoking, can cause tooth discolouration. Teeth whitening is a common cosmetic dental procedure that restores natural colour and radiance to teeth.
2. Dental Bonding – This cosmetic dentistry procedure uses adhesive, tooth-coloured composite resin, and a high intensity curing light to:
- Improve the appearance of chipped or discoloured teeth
- Close a gap between teeth
- Repair decay
- “Lengthen” teeth
- Alter the shape of the teeth
- Substitute amalgam filling
A shade guide is used by the dentist to select a colour of composite resin to closely match the colour of the tooth.
3. Veneers – This cosmetic dental procedure is a quick way to achieve a beautiful smile. Veneers are a great option to correct stained and chipped teeth and close gaps. For this procedure, thin shells of porcelain are custom made to match the each tooth’s outline. They are then bonded to the outer enamel to create a natural look.
4. Bridges and Implants – Missing several teeth can affect self-confidence. Bridges and implants are effective tooth replacement solutions. These dental applications prevent jawbone loss and shifting of teeth, allowing a patient to talk and chew food normally. It also retains the natural shape of the face and smile.
5. Crown – A fixed prosthetic device adhered to existing teeth or an implant, this type of dental restoration is often required when a large cavity threatens to damage a healthy tooth. Dental crowns are used to save and strengthen damaged teeth, improve the appearance and shape of the teeth, and prevent occlusion.
If you are seeking cosmetic dentistry in Bowmanville, please call Ohana Dental Clinic at (905) 697-3440 to request a consultation and learn more about our amazing cosmetic dental services that are great for the whole family.